No minor among accused, says Mumbai Police
Three of the five accused in last week’s gang rape of a photojournalist are history-sheeters and none is a juvenile, Mumbai Police chief Satyapal Singh said on Monday, even as the fifth accused arrested in the case was remanded in police custody till 5 September.
A mobile phone, suspected to have been used by the accused to click photos of the victim, has been seized. ‘Only one photograph was said to have been clicked but even that is not available now. We will try to retrieve it,’ he said.
The police commissioner said experts from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory and Gujarat Forensic Science Laboratory would assist the city police in gathering ‘clinching evidence’ against the accused. While the team from CFSL has already arrived, the one from Gujarat will reach soon.
Singh said the process of setting up a fast track court to try the case and appointing a prosecutor is underway and chargesheet would be filed at the earliest.
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 1 May 2017 6:52 PM GMT
- 22 Dec 2018 5:00 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 15 Sep 2019 6:34 AM GMT
- 15 Sep 2019 6:28 AM GMT
- 15 Sep 2019 6:26 AM GMT
- 15 Sep 2019 6:16 AM GMT
- 15 Sep 2019 6:15 AM GMT