Millennium Post

Nepali women to be approached after MEA responds: Police

Nepali women to be approached after MEA responds: Police
The Gurgaon Police are awaiting the response of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to its report before approaching the two Nepali women, who were allegedly gang-raped by a Saudi diplomat and others, for identifying the suspects in the CCTV grab of the apartment where they were confined.

The police on Sunday said that they needed the MEA’s permission to approach the two victims, who 
returned to Nepal three days ago.

However, the police will send their proposal to the MEA only after the latter responds to the “detailed report” sent earlier by it in connection with the case.

“The Ministry’s response is expected to include what action is to be taken next,” said a senior police officer.

Meanwhile, the MEA said it has not received any response from the Saudi Embassy on its demand to cooperate in the investigation. Saudi Arabian Ambassador Saud Mohammed Alsati was called to the MEA on Thursday and told that the accused diplomat should give a statement to the Gurgaon police, probing the case. However, the embassy has not given its response, sources said.

The Saudi envoy was called a day after the MEA had received the report about the case from the Gurgaon Police, including the second medical <g data-gr-id="33">report</g> confirming rape and sodomy.

The Gurgaon police said they are now waiting for directions from the MEA on how to proceed in the high-profile case.

The police on Saturday managed to extract CCTV grab from a corrupt hard disk in a digital video recorder (DVR) connected to several CCTV cameras covering crucial spots outside the diplomat’s 

Several persons are visible in the CCTV grabs and only the victims can identify whether any of them had allegedly sexually assaulted them, said the officer. The DVR was sent to the state's only Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) min Madhubani, where experts managed to extract the CCTV grabs of last 
18 days up to September 7 night.

The police had taken the DVR into its custody when they rescued the two Nepalese women and 
handed it over to a special team working on retrieving data crucial to the case. The team had, however, failed to do so as the hard disk turned out to be corrupt. Later, the task was assigned to a private enterprise. When the private enterprise failed, the cops opted for the Madhubani FSL.

The two Nepali women, who were rescued last week, have alleged that they were confined and raped by the diplomat and his "guests" repeatedly in a flat in Gurgaon on the outskirts of the national Capital after which the local police filed an FIR in the matter.

Next Story
Share it