logo

Fire breaks out at shoe store, none hurt

Fire breaks out at shoe store, none hurt

Kolkata: A fire broke out at a shoe store in the Hatibagan area on Thursday night triggering tension among locals.

Around five fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames. The store caught fire at around 11 pm on Thursday. The locals spotted smoke billowing out the shoe shop situated on the ground floor of a building at Hatibagan More. The matter was immediately reported to the fire brigade.

Senior police officers rushed to the spot and cordoned off the entire area and traffic movement was restricted. The fire fighters initially faced difficulties to reach the source of the fire due to the thick black smoke covering the area. They later managed to enter the store and detected the source of the fire.

The fire personnel restricted the fire from spreading to other adjacent buildings. They also ensured that other shops in the building do not get affected by the fire. The fire personnel brought the situation under control at around 12.30 am.

According to the preliminary investigation, the fire officials and police suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the fire. The store was badly damaged in the incident.

The fire officials are investigating if the building had fire fighting mechanism in place. The exact cause of the fire and the extent of the damage are yet to be ascertained. The local shop owners are being interrogated in this connection so far. A probe has been initiated in this regard.

In another incident, a fire broke out at a heap of garbage on Armenian street at around 4 pm on Friday. One fire tender swung into action and brought the situation under control at around 4.30 pm.

Locals panicked as the area is congested and there is always a chance of the fire spreading to the adjacent buildings. The cause of the fire is yet to

be ascertained.

Team MP

Team MP

Our Contributor help bring you the latest article around you


Exclusive

View All

Latest News

View All
Share it
Top