Saravanan Hariram, fitness coach in HealthifyMe, an app that provides health solutions, suggests some great ways to follow a fitness regime and remain fit during the monsoon season.
* You usually go for your walk or to the gym at a particular time. Stick to the same time plan for your indoor workouts also. And, dress the same way you do when you go out for a workout. Start with simple warm-up. Do exercise like spot running on the floor for a few minutes.
* Purchase a few simple exercising devices like resistance bands and skipping rope. If you always wanted to buy an indoor cycle or treadmill, this is the right time. It’s a good option, as they can be used again during your next indoor monsoon workout session.
* The stairs in your house are superb exercising device themselves. You can simply start doing stair climbing up and down for a few minutes.
* Body weight exercises like push-ups, squats and lunges are excellent choices to improve your muscular strength.
* Practice yoga. It also helps in reducing respiratory problems that are common during the monsoon season.
* If you love to dance, dance like nobody is watching. This is a fun way to enjoy your indoor monsoon workouts.
* Household chores are an excellent way to keep yourself fit. Clean out the shelves and cupboards, sweep the entire house, hand wash the clothes and do dish washing.