The winter season calls for added attention to shoes. Basic stuff like infusing shoe wax or using protective spray can add life to your favourite pairs, says an expert.
Barun Prabhakar, deputy general manager, Design and Digital Marketing of Red Chief, shares his inputs on how to protect your shows from damage in winter..
- When the winter season hits the priority is your shoes, The last thing you would want is to walk in cold feet. You can protect your shoes by applying protective spray on the exteriors
- Clean the shoes immediately once you are back to prevent the moisture from settling. Use a horse hair brush or an old newspaper for this
- Don't forget to infuse shoe wax to bring back the glow on your leather shoes, In case you are not using the shoe more then a week, cover it with a hard paper or a box
- To wipe away salty stains, use vinegar solution and rub with a cotton ball
- Your feet too should be cleaned up before you wear your since moisture can give rise to moulds inside the shoes
- Never dry your shoes with a heater or radiator when slightly wet as this will create cracks.