Draft of West Bengal toll policy to be tabled by November

Draft of West Bengal toll policy to be tabled by November
The draft of West Bengal toll policy will be placed before the cabinet by the end of November, an official said here on Saturday. West Bengal Highway Development Corporation Ltd (WBHDCL) has roped in PwC (PricewatehouseCoopers) as the transaction advisor in the drafting process.

"In the next 10-15 days, PwC will present the draft toll policy, after which it will be placed for approval by the cabinet," WBHDCL managing director Manoj Kumar Agarwal said during an interactive event organised by MCC Chamber of Commerce & Industry.

The policy is aimed at setting-up of toll plazas across the 4,505 km state highway and will zero down of a uniform toll structure. It will also encourage the private sector to participate in the endeavour.
The existing format doesn't have any specific guidelines about the distance between two toll plazas on the state highway or any prescription for the amount to be charged for two-wheelers, three-wheelers and heavy vehicles.

He said the toll policy will address these details. 

WBHDCL is presently working on six key projects worth Rs.1,250 crore while another set of projects estimated at Rs.4,600 crore is under consideration.

"West Bengal North South Road Corridor Project will be developed in seven phases - two phases will be taken up in 2016, another two in 2017 and the rest three in 2018," Agarwal said.

This project will have a 30 percent contribution to the cost from the state and the rest 70 percent by means of soft loans.


Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it