Massive fire breaks out at Metro Hospital in Noida
No casualties were reported in the fire triggered by short circuit
Noida: A massive fire broke out at Metro hospital in sector 12 of Noida on Thursday morning. Officials said that the fire was triggered due to a short circuit at second floor and the flames spread to third and fourth floor of the multi-storey building. Hospital staffers along with police teams and fire officials managed to rescue over 60 patients and no casualties were reported.
As per the hospital management, the blaze started around 11 am from the High Dependency Unit (HDU) department at second floor of the hospital.
"Soon as the hospital staffers spotted flames coming out of the HDU department at second floor, fire alarm was raised and the rescue operation was immediately started. Police and fire department were informed who helped to rescue over 60 patients to a nearby branch of metro hospital in sector 11 of Noida. As the flames got doused completely, the patients were again shifted back and the hospital continued its routine operations, later in evening. We are thankful to the fire and police department for their efforts along with the hospital staffers as they managed to rescue all those trapped inside the building safe and no major casualties were reported," said Chhaya Malhotra, public relation officer at Metro hospital.
Meanwhile the fire officials said that the rescue operation continued for around two hours while all the persons including the patients who were trapped inside the building were successfully rescued.
"Soon as we received the information, around ten fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the flames were doused within a couple of hours. The window panes of the building were broken in order to evacuate the dense smoke from the building so that the people trapped inside do not face suffocation issues. All those trapped inside the building were rescued safely and no casualty was reported," said Arun Kumar Singh, Chief Fire Offier, Gautam Buddh Nagar.
Singh further said that the flames got triggered due to a shot circuit at second floor.
"Prima Facie it appears that the fire erupted due to short circuit which spread rapidly to the upper floors. However the exact reason behind the fire is part of investigation," added Singh.
Soon as the a thick smoke was seen billowing out of the building, a massive crowd started gathering in the road while the traffic from both the sides of road was stopped. Those trapped inside the building screamed for help while the rescue operation began with breaking the window panes. It was a very sensitive situation as most of the patients trapped inside have been ailing with cardiac issues.
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 1 May 2017 6:52 PM GMT
- 8 Oct 2019 4:43 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 14 Oct 2019 6:44 PM GMT
- 14 Oct 2019 6:43 PM GMT
- 14 Oct 2019 6:43 PM GMT
- 14 Oct 2019 6:41 PM GMT
- 14 Oct 2019 6:40 PM GMT