Millennium Post

Man stabbed to death in Shahdara while solving fight

New Delhi: While trying to stop a fight, 27-year-old Nishant lost his life who was returning after having lunch with his two friends in Geeta Colony area of Shahdara district.
Police claimed that the accused stabbed him to death whereas one of his friends was critically injured and was receiving treatment in the hospital.
According to police, the incident was reported around 12:20 pm on Sunday when they received a PCR call about stabbing from Jheel Chowk area.
A police team rushed to the spot and the two victims were sent to hospital where one was declared brought dead whereas other person receiving treatment. An eyewitness Praveen Bansal told Millennium Post that he was going for lunch in a dhabha when he heard an argument about parking and when he reached the spot, people started shouting of the stabbing.
"I saw a person lying in a pool of blood he was attacked with blunt object one. Scooty was also there on the spot," said Bansal.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shahdara) Nupur Prasad stated that the deceased who worked in an insurance company whereas the other injured was identified as Gaurav Sharma.
"Deceased with two of his friends Gaurav and Ashish had gone to eat food. When he was returning he saw there was an argument between two sides after seeing this, Nishant went to resolve the issue in which one of the person who was on the bike stabbed him and fled the spot," said the DCP.
Police sources claimed that the deceased was stabbed in chest and stomach whereas his friend was stabbed thrice. The other person Ashish was not injured.
Punit Malik, relative of Nishant, told this newspaper that the all the three friends met after several months after which they decided to go for lunch in their scooty.
"When they were returning, they saw few men abusing an elderly person who was in the car after seeing it Nishant went to save the old man and told him to leave the accused who were in the motorcycle started an argument with him and committed the incident," said Malik.
Police sources claimed that the accused were two to three in number. "We are scanning the CCTV footage of the area and questioning is going on to get the clue in the incident," said a police official.
Next Story
Share it