logo

Man goes on stabbing spree in Mangolpuri, six injured

Man goes on stabbing spree in Mangolpuri, six injured
NEW DELHI: Residents of Mangolpuri in outer Delhi went through a nightmare on Sunday when a man in his twenties went on a slashing spree with a blade injuring atleast six people.
The injured have been admitted in Sanjay Gandhi Hospital.
Though five of them have been discharged after initial treatment, one is said to be critical and under observation.
The accused who is identified as Shubham is also undergoing treatment since he was roughed up by the locals after he was caught.
The incident occurred on Sunday night when the accused went on a rampage with his blade and randomly chose his targets and attacked them with the blade. Soon, panic gripped over and people started running for cover as Shubham seemed to be intoxicated and slashed anyone who crossed his way.
By the time people realised that he was not in his senses, Shubham had already injured as many as six people, one of them on the backside of the neck. Soon, he was overpowreed by some of the locals on the street and thrashed before being handed over to the police.
"We have registered a case in this matter and will arrest the accused when he is discharged from the hospital. The victims have been discharged who sustained minor injuries except one who is still under observation." said a senior police officer.
Shubham stays in Mangolpuri and works in a factory.
It is said that he attacked the people in an inebriated condition. He is a resident of Jalaun in Uttar Pradesh and was residing here for quite some time.
Till now, no previous involvement in crime has been found and police will question him once he is discharged from the hospital.
Team MP

Team MP

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top