Top
Millennium Post

Comments by Windies players disrespectful: ICC

The ICC on Monday said that certain comments and actions by some of the West Indies players after clinching the WT20 were “inappropriate, disrespectful and brought the event into disrepute”.

After clinching the World T20 on April 4 following a thrilling last-over win over England in the finals, West Indies skipper Darren Sammy had launched a scathing attack on West Indies Cricket Board in an emotional speech at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. The ICC Board on Sunday, said: “The Board considered the behavior of some of the West Indies players in the immediate aftermath of the final, and unanimously agreed that certain comments and actions were inappropriate, disrespectful and brought the event into disrepute. “The Board acknowledged an apology by the WICB but was disappointed to note that such behavior had detracted from the success of what was otherwise a magnificent tournament and final,” it added.

Apart from Sammy, Dwayne Bravo and Chris Gayle were also very critical of the West Indies Cricket Board, against whom they have been involved in a long and bitter pat dispute. “The Board also noted that very serious consideration had been given to bringing Code of Conduct charges in respect of the behavior of the West Indies players and emphasised that this was not acceptable conduct at a world stage in front of millions of people around the globe,” ICC said in a release.
Next Story
Share it