Delhi has won battle against dengue: CM in twitter message
New Delhi: Less than 1100 cases of dengue and no deaths due to the mosquito-borne disease have been reported so far this year in the city, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Sunday.
In a video message posted on Twitter, he said this was an achievement in comparison to 2015 when over 15,000 dengue cases had been recorded, and 60 people had died in the national capital.
Kejriwal lauded residents' efforts in following the '10-hafte, 10-baje, 10-minute' campaign launched by him on September 1. It required people to look for stagnant water in and around their homes for ten minutes at ten every Sunday for ten weeks and dispose of it off to prevent the breeding of mosquito larvae.
Congratulating Delhiites "for winning the battle against dengue," the chief minister said: "I am proud of you Delhi. There are more than 100 countries affected by dengue. Nobody could understand the cure for dengue, but Delhi showed the way".
He said that such campaigns should be run not only in other states of the country but also worldwide. "There are many dengue-affected places. I hope that such campaigns are run worldwide," he said.See P3
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 1 May 2017 6:52 PM GMT
- 8 Oct 2019 4:43 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 2:45 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 1:14 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 12:42 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 12:41 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 12:39 PM GMT