30 Pak school kids faint after toxic gas leak
At least 30 Pakistani schoolchildren fainted after toxic gas leaked from a generator installed in their school here.
Over 100 students were present in the basement of the private school in densely-populated locality of Mughalpura when the incident took place last evening. The school administration had arranged a farewell party for some students.
“A group of students were presenting a skit when smoke emitting from a power generator entered the basement. Some 32 students, half of them were girls, fell unconscious while the remaining managed to leave the place,” Hammad Hasan, a school employee said. “Thank god there was no stampede,” he said.
The fainted children where shifted to hospital where the doctors described their condition as out of danger.
Lahore police spokesman Niyab Haider said that the police had registered a case against the school administration and arrested its owner and principal.
- 25 Jan 2020 5:27 PM GMT
- 26 Dec 2019 6:15 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 28 Feb 2020 8:30 AM GMT
- 28 Feb 2020 8:28 AM GMT
- 28 Feb 2020 8:21 AM GMT
- 28 Feb 2020 8:15 AM GMT
- 28 Feb 2020 8:09 AM GMT