2 newborns die of overheating in Kolkata
Two new-born babies, including a girl child, have died allegedly of overheating in a radiant warmer apparatus at a government hospital here, officials said on Wednesday.
A committee has been formed to look into the death of the infants. The incident happened last Friday at the Medical College and Hospital when the infants were found to have succumbed to the heat in the apparatus where they were kept, as their body temperatures was low at birth.
Medical college principal Tapan Kumar Lahiri said a four-member committee, headed by him, has been formed to investigate into the incident. He refused to comment on whether any hospital staff has been suspended in the case.